Monday, April 13, 2020

Writing About Your Perfect Pet

Hello families,

Today we read a book No Plain Pets and talked about what pet we think would be perfect for us. This week the writing assignment is to write your opinion about what pet is just right for you and tell why. 

You can decide if you want to write it all at once or a little bit each day. Be ready to share you writing on Thursday at our next Zoom meeting (4/16)! 

Here is the example that I shared with the class. It has a title and hook to get you interested (shaded in yellow). I wrote my opinion about the best pet for me (shaded in orange). I have 3 reasons why I think that and added details by using the words and or because to say more. Then at the end I said my opinion again (shaded in blue).



Don't forget to check your writing when you think you are done. Use "My Opinion Checklist" to check and see if you have all the parts you need. Then use "My Editing Checklist" to make sure your writing is easy to read.

I am so proud of you all for the work you are doing at home. Keep up the great work! Just remember what Mrs. Fox say.....do do do do do do do your best!

❤ Mrs. Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment