Friday, April 10, 2020

iPads for Home Use

Hello families,

I wanted to update you about the iPad distribution plan. The school iPads fully loaded with apps for school work will be handed out at the meal/material distribution sites on Friday April 17th from 9-11 AM. You should pick up an iPad and charger for your child to use at home from the place you normally pick up your homework packets. If you're not sure where to go please contact me.

First grade plans to use Zoom for class meetings,  Epic! for reading, and Freckle for extra math and spelling/phonics. Originally we had hoped you could access Xtra math through the web browser but we recently found out the iPads will have apps only--no web browser. If you've been able to use this resource at home already you may continue using this instead of or in addition to Freckle.

Please see my previous post about using the apps. An epic tutorial video made by Ms. Johnson and a zoom tutorial video made by Ms. Sarah. I'll try to find a similar introduction for Freckle to post as well.

Thank you so much for helping your child connect with me for out ongoing relationship building and learning together. Thanks also for the tremendous work you are doing to support your children at home on top of EVERYTHING ELSE you already have to do. I really can't thank you enough. Having 2 kids at home myself, I truly understand and applaud you. 

❤ Mrs. Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment